With just the right touches of sweet and tart, this recipe is REALLY delicious - and incredibly easy to make! We like to bake and serve it in individual cups for our guests, but you could instead make it in a casserole dish. I guarantee it will be a hit at any pot-luck gathering or as the perfect finishing touch (especially when topped with ice cream!) to your Christmas dinner.
Apple Cranberry Crisp RecipeIngredients:
- 6 medium apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Combine first 4 ingredients and pour into a 13' x 9" baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the apple mixture.
- Press with spoon to smooth.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 375 degrees.
I hope you, your family and friends will enjoy this special Lancaster County recipe no matter where you are during your special time together this holiday season!
By Rebecca Gallagher
photo credit: Muffet via photopin cc