When the summer temperatures climb, the Lancaster County theater scene heats up, too.
Check out what a few of my local favorite live theater and music venues have on deck for your entertainment this season:
– For decades, this center has been putting on top quality performances for folks of all ages. Come enjoy talent just steps away from Broadway, a mere mile from the Historic Smithton Inn.
July 23 – August 8
September 3 – September 19
– Take a tour of this beloved, classic location this summer to see where the magic happens. Tours are open every Friday throughout the summer, the final showing on September 4. Tickets are only $5 for adults and $2 for students 18 years of age and under. And it’s all just a half hour from our inn.
– Make reservations for a one-of-a-kind experience this season only found at Sight & Sound. With breathtaking performances of Biblical interpretations, there’s something for everyone to learn. And as if the shows aren’t amazing enough, you can even reserve a spot to go behind the scenes and discover the mystery behind the magnificent performances.
Present – October 17
Present – December 31
– A half-hour drive from the inn, enjoy dinner and a show at Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre this season. If you’d rather pass on the meal, you and the family can still come for the show.
Present – August 1
August 6 – September 19
– Another dinner theater experience, Rainbow Dinner Theatre is also half an hour from our inn! They offer comedic performances and delicious dinners, so pay them a visit for a fun evening this summer.
Present – August 8
August 15 – October 24
– Travel 40 miles west on Route 322 from the Historic Smithton Inn for everything from classic films to concerts to Broadway performances. For a full list of events and to purchase tickets, see their website.
– Only 20 minutes from our inn, travel to AMT to experience an unforgettable evening. AMT hosts all sorts of performances, from original shows to standup comedy to music of all genres. Below is just a snippet of what’s on stage this summer.
Present – October 9
Monday, August 3
Friday, August 7
Tuesday, August 18
Wednesday, August 19
When you visit Lancaster County this summer, I hope you’ll take the opportunity to enjoy some of the top-notch performances I’ve mentioned here. And remember, book your stay at the Historic Smithton Inn, so we can chat about all the other exciting things to see and do in our area.
Image courtesy of Apple's Eyes Studio at FreeDigitalPhotos.net