A taste of summer in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania wouldn't be complete without a fresh fruit salad featuring local peaches. Right now, peaches are at their peak of flavor and can be found at nearly every roadside produce stand and farmers market in our area.
Here's one of my favorite recipes that combines farm fresh peaches with other flavorful "stone" fruits. It's a delightful and refreshing change of pace from the other fruit salads you typically find at picnics and backyard BBQs. Give it a try and let me know what your friends and family think about it!
Stone Fruit Salad - Serves 12
- 3 white peaches (pits removed), cut into chunks
- 3 nectarines (pits removed), cut into chunks
- 3 plums (pits removed), cut into chunks
- 3 apricots (pits removed), cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger paste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 12 mint leaves, chopped
- Whisk together the lime juice, canola oil, ginger, and honey.
- Toss together the fruit with the honey-ginger-lime dressing.
- Mound salad in a bowl. Garnish with chopped mint.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.