At our bed & breakfast, you’ll find:
- A safe, well lit parking lot.
- A storage shed you can use to store your gear "under cover" and protect it from rain and wind.
- Flexible check-in / check-out times and breakfast times.
- Knowledgeable innkeepers who can suggest sights, restaurants, and attractions along your driving route.
- A garden hose near the parking lot to wash your bike - and there's a full-service car wash just a block away.
- Laundry facilities conveniently nearby.
- Basic toiletry essentials in each guest room.
If you’re planning a motorcycle ride around and nearby Lancaster County, here are a few routes to consider:
Wrightsville to Columbia via the Conowingo Dam – 90 miles long
On this route posted on Motorcycleroads.com, you’ll have the opportunity to experience the outstanding views from the Conowingo and Norman Wood Bridge. You’ll surely enjoy the Susquehanna Valley scenery as you pass by acres of farmland, traverse the rolling hills, pass through small towns, and stop at the various scenic overlook areas by the Susquehanna River. You’ll also likely see Amish horse and buggies en route – this is Pennsylvania Amish Country, you know!
Lancaster County Loop Tour : Ephrata - Parkesburg - Holtwood - Marietta – 108 miles long
With site-seeing and a food stop factored in, expect this ride to take you approximately 4.5 hours, according to the BestBikingRoads.com website. The first half of the ride takes you through some of the charming historic small towns of our area. And you’ll take in the gorgeous farmlands of Lancaster County during the last half of the ride as you head back to Ephrata.
Lititz - Columbia - Apollo Park - Holtwood : The River Run – 99.5 miles long
This route offers a wonderful opportunity to get acquainted with Lancaster County’s small towns: Lititz, Manheim, Mt. Joy, East Petersburg, Marietta, Columbia, Holtwood…you’ll pass through them all on this ride. In between, you’ll see plenty of the lush Amish farmland.
For other routes in Pennsylvania, visit Motorscycleroads.com and BestBikingRoads.com
Ready for a drive? Call us to reserve your room and make your Lancaster County experience – both on- and off-road – one to remember.
By Rebecca Gallagher
Image courtesy of sritangphoto / FreeDigitalPhotos.net